Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Thank you

Thank you for your votes and for your support. I don't take either of them lightly.

I will continue to work hard and do my best to represent your interests at City Hall and to help make Tulsa everything that it should be. The next two years will be very important for Tulsa's future. We'll have a new Mayor and could have a few new Councilors. We, including you, have accomplished a lot of good things over the past few years, but we face some pretty serious challenges, especially in our budget. We have to make sure that we keep Tulsa moving forward and that we handle those challenges in a fiscally responsible way.

From time to time, you may disagree with me. No two people always agree on everything. I think most of us usually agree on the goal, but sometimes we disagree on how to get there. I'm always willing to discuss issues with you and listen to what you have to say. I could be taking the wrong approach and you might be able to help me see it a different way.

You can always send me an e-mail at dist2@tulsacouncil.org or call me at 596-1922.

Again, thank you.

Rick Westcott